主題

帖子

積分

管理員

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2019-7-26 17:23:49 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
For the past 12 years I’ve avoided talking about one of the most obvious things about me. Something that is literally —well, almost — written on my face. My name is Evie, and I have acne.

曩昔的12年里,我一向防止谈到我身上最为显眼的同样从属物。那些工具,嗯,就像是被谁放大了镶上画框然后裱在我脸上同样。我叫埃维,我脸上长了一片丘陵。

I decided to break the silence after I read multiple articles on how acne frequently leads to depression, and that this is “often independent of severity”. Despite living with acne, I’d never considered that my low mood over a breakout was something natural, I’d just thought it was how I dealt with it. In fact, acne has a significant, negative psychosocial effect, and we don’t talk about it because pointing out our flaws is the very last thing we want to do.

在接连读了几篇讲述芳华痘是若何助力通向抑郁之路(抑郁乃成果,且凡是与粉刺的紧张水平无关)的文章后,我决议冲破缄默,写下本文。固然和芳华痘相依为命了很多年,我却从未是以感觉本身每次长痘时的阴郁心境是合情公道的,我只是无邪地觉得这即是我处置它们的方法。但究竟上,粉刺简直会对咱们的生理发生庞大的负面影响。咱们不去说它,只是由于不想一次次地揭开伤疤。

Very few people realise what acne means. In all the media I’ve ever been subjected to, there has never been a protagonist with acne. If there is a character with acne at all, it’s an unsympathetic one, who is either submissive, mean, or both. There are no films about an acne-ridden girl who finds that she doesn’t need to be self-conscious but just has to ‘let herself shine’. All other ‘negative’ images are given support; whether you’re overweight, short, tall, nerdy, or even all-out Ugly Betty, there is a role model for you readily available. Because of this, people without acne often throw around the word “spotty” as a synonym for “young”, in a way no other negative attribute ever is.

鲜少有人意想到粉刺到底象征着甚么。影视巨星和告白模特都长着一张张与粉刺无关的脸。如果然有谁带着粉刺上镜,那也注定是个不讨喜的脚色,不是贫贱低微就是鄙薄冷酷,抑或两者兼有。从未有一部片子会讲述如许一个故事:一个满脸芳华痘的女孩降服自卑,终究意想到本身没必要在乎他人的眼光,而只必要在本身的世界里光辉绽开。除粉刺之外,所有其他的负面属性都得到了支撑,都可以或许在影视作品中等闲找到它们的主人,不管是肥胖如桶、矮小如凳、瘦高如杆、呆若木鸡仍是集齐所有丑点可以呼唤神龙如丑女贝蒂(译者注:电视剧形象)。是以,那些不长痘的人常常会把“满脸痘”作为“年青”的代名词。普天之下,没有其他哪一种使人不舒畅的属机能够得享此荣了。

There is no reason ever to be “proud to have acne” — but that doesn’t mean that a disease which affects 70-87% of teenagers and frequently continues into adulthood shouldn’t be talked about, especially amongst a student population that fits neatly into the affected age group. It’s not glamorous — we don’t get to be ‘curvy’, or cute, or intelligent, or strong. Acne is not ‘endearing’.

没有来由为了满脸痘痘而骄傲。但这其实不象征着这个困扰着70%到87%的青少年、乃至熬煎他们至成年期的恶疾不该该获得人们的器重,出格是在它所风行的学生群体中心。它一无可取——不克口臭,不及让咱们变得可爱迷人,也没法让咱们加倍聪慧强健。这一脸芳华之痘,只会徒增哀愁。

This isn’t a polemic, however. I’m mostly just trying to let you that it isn’t trivial - and you’re not weak or weird for letting it get to you. It might sound stupid, but in the same way, as a four year old, I wanted to be blonde and blue-eyed because Cinderella wasn’t Mediterranean, I spent my teenage years believing that anything that’s wrong with you can be overcome - unless you have acne. If a group of girls decided to adopt me into their social group and give me a make-over, it would never be perfect — because I had acne. If I found out I was the heiress to a small country and needed an image revamp, it wouldn’t work- because I had acne. The sudden, unexpected romance with the most popular guy in school would never happen — because no matter how great my body, or my hair, or my style was, I still had acne.

以上实非矫情。我只是想奉告你们,芳华痘绝非小事,遭它入侵的你也其实不是一小我。固然听起来很傻,但早在四岁的时辰,我仍是想象过本身有朝一日会酿成具有一头金色秀发、两汪如潭碧眼的美男子,或早或晚,我会蜕酿成仙度瑞拉,而不是地中海女男人。我用我的芳华年华空想着我身上所有的不完善终会云消雾散,但是那一脸芳华痘却跟着芳华的当者披靡愈发根深蒂固。若是有一群女孩子决议邀我一同顽耍,并筹算为我化个妆时,她们会发明所有血汗皆是徒劳——我的一脸痘会奉告你为甚么。若是某一天,我解开了出身之谜,发明本身是某个小国的担当人,必要重塑小我形象时,哦,那底子办不到——我的一脸痘会奉告你为甚么。那种和全校第一花腔美女坠入爱河的校园言情小说桥段历来不会在我的世界里上演,即使我的身段、我的长发、我的小我魅力是何等自作掩饰——我的一脸痘会奉告你为甚么。

My experience was that I woke up an hour earlier than I needed to, in order to make sure I had time to deal with my face. I wouldn’t go out with friends when they invited me, unless I knew well in advance. I’d convince my mum I was sick so I didn’t have to go to school on bad days. These are all reflected in experiences others have told me as well. In my case, I even developed the beginnings of an eating disorder simply because, if I couldn’t have the perfect face, I’d be damned if I didn’t have the perfect body. Thankfully, I managed to escape that downward spiral early on. I’m sure there are many who didn’t.

因而乎,我的多年履历就是,比正凡人夙起一个小时,以便能有充沛的时候来处置我的脸部问题。除非事前被通知,我从不会接管不期所致的邀约。在粉刺紧张的时辰,我会装病来回避上学。所有这些履历,芳华痘患者们都曾有过。我乃至还得过早期厌食症,只是由于我感觉,若是已不克不及具有一张完善的脸,那我死都要具有一副完善的身段。感激天主,我总算是阻拦了如许的恶性轮回继续成长,但我深信有很多蒙受类似熬煎的同龄人们并无从这个可怕的旋涡里走出来。

What I hope to have achieved from this article is to give to others what I gained from the pieces I read - a feeling that this daily annoyance isn’t just mine. That I’m not overreacting. That I’m not - forgive the trite turn of phrase - alone. It scarily confirmed that people are actually staring at my face and judging me but it also reminded me that at the end of the day, it’s not “acne-depression”.

我写作此文的目标恰是想向读者们转达我读完那些“通向抑郁症”之流的文章后的感觉——我想奉告人们,这类日复一日的痛楚不是我的专属;我并无反响过激;和我其实不是(请谅解这类陈旧的说话)一小我在受着煎熬。在人们对着我的脸部指导山河的时辰,我简直抑郁过;但在一天竣事之际,我会奉告本身,这类抑郁与我的痘痘无关。

Acne is a factor, which, like anything else, can lead to depression. Instead of letting it reach that stage, we should just change the first element.

粉刺,和其他任何身分同样,都是抑郁症的诱因。咱们要做的,不是放任临时的阴霾真的酿成风暴,而是在云缝间、在本身心底洒上一缕阳光。

更多出色内容 新东方网英语频道

天下新东方英语课程搜刮
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|台灣整形外科皮膚科診所論壇  

高雄當舖, 飄眉, 健檢中心, 眼科診所, 醫美藥妝, 滑鼠墊消脂針, 痔瘡藥膏, 治療鼻炎, 屏東當舖, 植牙, 豐胸茶, 台北當舖, 台北機車借錢, 瘦身霜借款, 美白針, 支票借款, 三重機車借款, 禮品, 隆乳聚左旋乳酸, 借貸, 暖宮帶, 淚溝, 瘦臉, 皮秒翻譯社, 水微晶, 杏仁酸, 音波拉皮, 珍珠奶茶, 音波拉皮, 禮品, 割雙眼皮, 台北當舖,

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 01:47 , Processed in 0.962795 second(s), 4 queries , File On.